Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Chronicles of Amber

Amber has officially been at Whisper Wind for about a month now, and yes I know I really need to update this blog a little more ofter! Hehe. Things have been going really really well! We rode in our first show on September 12th, and did walk/trot (yes we rode against like 8 year olds, but it was a really good experience for my girl) The first class was a walk/trot equitation class, amber did fab and we placed 2nd out of 7, I think we would have placed 1st if Amber had stood still during the line up, but she was being very figity!

The second and third classes were pleasure and hunters, Amber is not what I would call a pleasure horse right now, and she is certainly not a hunter, she's going to be my equitation horse and eventer, so I was not a bit surprised when we only placed 4th in both the hunter and pleasure class, Especially since in the Hunter class Amber insisted on stopping and pooping right in front of the judge!!

And the 4th class was a groundpole class, we got 3rd, I thought we did better then that, but I have a feeling the judge was trying to be fair to the little kids who worked really hard to be in the show, knowing that I was mainly doing it to give Amber experience.



Since the show we have been working a lot on the canter and small jumps (crossrails) We even managed to canter her first just yesterday, and came out of it in one piece! Our next show is going to be on October 31st (yes Halloween) and we will be doing the next division up from the w/t, its called like beginner rider, its a walk/trot class, a walk/trot/canter class and 2 crossrail classes!! So all in all things are going really well! Will update again soon! Now I have to run to the other barn and move my mini to his new home!!

1 comment:

  1. You never know! YOu might pick up a youth to teach everything to, like I and Rachel both did, Liberty could have something to do and give you a riding companion! You'd make a great Big Sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete